Digital saturation is here, except …
Seems like it’s official. Internet access has reached its peak. Virtually everyone who wants/needs/can use/can afford the connection of their choice has it. Now it’s just a matter of churn and upgrades and competing platforms.
Some are saying access is so ubiquitous it’s time to stop wondering if people “use the Internet” because it’s like “using electricity.” Interesting times we live in.
However, there’s still digital growth to had ...
- Digital video – smart TVs, Roku, Apple TV, and many more
- Wearable devices – steep growth coming, especially in fitness, healthcare, and industrial
- Digital voice assistants – think Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple HomePod
- VR and AR – many new ones coming with Facebook Oculus looking like a leader
- Internet of Things – if it can be connected, it will be
- 5G – super fast Internet, with antennas on lots of telephone poles